I do not know if this can help you , but i do experence this kind of things few days ago.

The rails process create the record and return the id for you, notice the db not commit actually at this monument, then spawn/fork the worker process, the worker found the record not exist in DB.

If you experence the same problem, i recommend you there is a plugin/gem that include
after_commit callback, and make the async work after the db commit.

--
kevin