On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
On Oct 30, 3:44 pm, Leonardo Mateo wrote:
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Leonardo Mateo wrote:
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:59 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
On Oct 30, 12:09 pm, Leonardo Mateo wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts.
I have a rails 3.1.1 project in which bundler is ignoring RSpec, no
matter what I set rspec or rspec-rails it never gets installed.
What is the specific behavior you're not seeing? i.e. do you really
mean it never gets installed (as in you can type "gem list rspec" and
nothing shows up) or do you mean that you don't see it's rake tasks or
something else?
It doesn't get installed at all.
I don't know why, since in another project with the same ruby version
(1.9.3-rc1 until today) it is working.
"gem list rspec" does not show any gem listed, and "bundle | grep
rspec" gives nothing.
As a starting point, I just created a new rvm gemset, installed rails
3.1.1, ran "rails new example", copied the Gemfile you list below, and
ran bundle install. It installed rspec-rails and the other rspec gems
as expected.
I then ran "rails generate rspec:install" and got an error on ffi
having to do with the rb-inotify gem, so I removed that and libnotify
(gem) and tried again and it worked. I was able to generate a model
with a spec, and run it using the 'rspec' or 'rake spec' commands.
I tried it too, I removed the gemset, then created a new empty one and
ran "bundle install". I've even installed ruby 1.9.3-p0 today, started
a new gemset from scratch and I had the same behavior.
Other relevant info: mac os 10.7.2 (lion), rvm 1.9.1, ruby 1.9.2.
I'm using Arch Linux. rvm 1.9.1, ruby 1.9.3-p0
It looks like something is wrong with this specific project, but I
can't tell what it is.
I really don't know either what I can do to fix it. I can't just re
create it, since I already have a lot of work done.
It looks like the problem is with the groups.
Nothing listed within the "group :test, :development {}" gets
installed. Still don't know why.
What's in .bundle/config? Look for "BUNDLE_WITHOUT: development" and/
or "BUNDLE_WITHOUT: test"
Hi David,
Yes, that was actually the problem, I replied Fred's email and somehow
it got posted to a new separated thread, I think because I edited the
subject to mark it as solved.
I'm copying my reply here so this thread is complete.

---------------------
Did .bundle/config (the file that tracks settings like which groups
should be ignored) get checked in by accident ?
It didn't, but if it were, I would have solved it way earlier.
Thanks a lot for pointing this out!!!

Somehow, the .bundle/config file contained:
---
BUNDLE_WITHOUT: test development

Maybe the production branch did this and as this is git-ignored I
never noticed the change.

So I just removed this file and everything works as expected.

Thanks a lot, guys!