Have any of you used Ruby on Rails in Debian or a Debian-based distro
that isn't based on Ubuntu?

At the moment, I'm using Linux Mint 11 with LXDE (based on Ubuntu) in
VirtualBox to work on Ruby on Rails. I'd prefer using Linux Mint
Debian Edition (which bypasses the Ubuntu overhead) because it's
lightweight. (In fact I like LMDE so much that I'm basing future
versions of my Swift Linux distro on LMDE instead of antiX Linux.) I
don't like the increasing bloat of Ubuntu, and I don't like the
controversial new changes. Thus, I'm interested in pruogramming Ruby
on Rails in a non-Ubuntu distro.