Hi!

It seems that you Typed the capital letter I followed by zero:

I0

The right is the letter I followed by the letter O

IO

Can you see that?

Best regards,
Everaldo
On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:43 PM, PD Dizon wrote:

Ruby newbie here. I'm trying out Ruby 1.9.2 on Windows (RubyInstaller)
and encountered
some strangeness in using the IO class.

I have IOtest.rb with one line:

I0.read('somelocalfile')

But when I load it in irb:

irb(main):001:0> load 'IOtest.rb'
NameError: uninitialized constant Object::I0
from IOtest.rb:1:in `<top (required)>'
from (irb):1:in `load'
from (irb):1

Now, when I call IO.read directly:

irb(main):002:0> IO.read('somelocalfile')

it works! (prints the file contents to the command line)

I tried putting the IOtest.rb file in the Ruby bin folder and running it
from there, but still get the error.
Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong will be appreciated.
Thanks.