Appreciate any help -

I am working through Agile web development (4.0) and am stuck on the
deployment using phusion passenger. I get this:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server."

when I put depot.yourhost.com in the browser.

I have been through various web searches and for file permissions and
suggestions to change the <Files> container. However, before I tread
where I fear in the land of conf I thought perhaps it may be a simple
config issue and my lack of understanding of how things are knitted
together.

Here is my Virtual host config:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName depot.yourhost.com
DocumentRoot /home/railsapps/rails_3/depot/public/
<Directory /home/railsapps/rails_3/depot/public>
AllowOverride all
Options -Multiviews
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
#

My hosts file in /etc has the 127.0.0.1 depot.yourhost.com

Does anything look amiss here? Thank you in advance.