On Oct 17, 3:20 pm, "Dave G." wrote:
I can access transaction.ship_to_address and
transaction.ship_from_address but the query that's generated for both
is:
SELECT `addresses`.* FROM `addresses` WHERE `addresses`.`transaction_id`
= 5 LIMIT 1

There's no expected type constraint.

However, if I do:
Addresses::ShipToAddress.find_by_transaction_id(5) the query is correct
as:
SELECT `addresses`.* FROM `addresses` WHERE `addresses`.`type` IN
('Addresses::ShipToAddress') AND `addresses`.`transaction_id` = 5 LIMIT
1

I have the workaround but it bugs me that the
transaction.ship_to_address doesn't work correctly.  The one thing that
may be wonky is that I'm putting "non-typed" ActiveRecord superclass
entries into addresses but that shouldn't be an issue?
You've told active record that ship_to_address is just a regular
address (since you've got class_name => 'Address'), so active record
believes you. If ship_to_address should only ever by a
Addresses::ShipToAddress then you need to let active record know.

Fred