This is a very good tutorial.
http://ryanbigg.com/2010/12/ubuntu-ruby-rvm-rails-and-you/

Hope it helps!
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Max wrote:

I am a total newbie.. after messing with cygwin and minw in windows i
installed ubuntu 11.04 on my laptop and did a lot of googling..

installed twice to get it to where it is (right? we'll see) but am
using rvm.. it wasn't that hard and went smoothly... there are some
specific install sites on the web that discus ruby, rails, rvm and
ubuntu. i don't have them handy but if i can find them anyone can :)

good luck!