On 4 October 2011 06:30, Victor Stan wrote:
Hi, I can't find any information about how to run a before filter in a model
or a condition check, that will indicate the model instance should be
ignored/not persisted if the check return true or some other value.
Basically, I want a mechanism that will ignore the call to
persist/save/create a model instance if a certain attribute is blank, that I
can call from within the model itself. Is this possible?
It should not be something that I do on the controller side btw.
Any pointers appreciated!
This is exactly what model validations do, for example
validates_presence_of will cause a save/update to fail if the
attribute is not set.

Colin