Redis 2.4.12 doesn't have settings for maximum client buffer sizes. I've
run into outgoing buffer size issues in production when network connections
were not the best. Upgrade that 2.4.12 machine to 2.6 and update the slave
buffer sizes. Also, you should add monitors for max client buffer size, and
if possible, parse the output of "client list" to plot a few of the worst
connections over time.

  - Josiah