Howdy,

we are running Redis 2.6.7 with maxmemory of 19G on several nodes. Recently
there was on two nodes a gain within 30 minutes from the used 9G up to
closely 19G.

It was not caused by more data that we stored. When 19G where nearly
reached redis started to free memory again. After another 30 minutes the
used memory was back to the normal 9G.

There were no log entries and redis was still answering but it was very
slow during the peak.

At the same time there was a networking problem. So during the peak some
clients could randomly not reach the two redis nodes or would get broken
connections.

How can this behaviorial be explained? Is there a known bug?

david