On 07/21/2015 04:14 PM, jcbollinger wrote:

2)
I read in the changelog that the older clients should work with
the backward compatibility, but is it worth even trying? Or should
I just push out the updated puppet client wherever I can before
adding the server into my new build? (not hard to do in my
environment)

It's worth trying if upgrading the clients when you upgrade the master
would present a challenge. Even if you plan to update everything in
one fell swoop, it may be to your advantage to rely on the newer
master serving older clients at least for the duration of the upgrade.
Hi,

I don't think that Puppet 3 agents can work with the Puppet 4 master.
There were incompatible changes to the catalog format.

A Puppet 4 upgrade needs to encompass your whole infrastructure. As
such, I'd advise to try and not throw it in with other changes.

Cheers,
Felix