On Monday, 20 October 2014 17:20:23 UTC+1, Wil Cooley wrote:

On Oct 20, 2014 1:41 AM, "Paul Seymour" <paul.s...@ig.com <javascript:>>
wrote:
This didn’t happen with 1.6.x which was our previous version.And I
cannot find a RHEL6 host with this issue. So I suspect Ruby here. Any ideas
anyone ?

Run `strace` on the hung process to try to see what it's doing?

Wil
Thanks. It's a little tricky to do as it always comes back with a "wait4"
call if attaching to the hung process. Will try and capture it.

But looking at the open files it's always trying to read the size of block
devices from /sys

Cheers
Paul