On Friday, October 10, 2014 9:18:03 AM UTC-5, jcbollinger wrote:
Even if the agent runs as root, there can still be access controls (e.g.
SELinux policy) that prevent it from reading certain files that can be read
by commands you launch directly from a shell.
OMG. If that was the problem I am going to kick myself in shame. I did a
restorecon on /etc/puppet and it changed the context of my hiera files and
several files in my module directory. I, at this time, am not able to
replicate the weird errors I had before.
*sigh*

OK. I am going to focus on writing a proper module with hiera and see if I
run into any more issues. I will report back later if it works out.

Thanks! I do appreciate the help!
~Stack~