As a note, I installed from the postgres yum repositories, as the version
in stock centos 6 was getting too old. I had to install the -contrib
package to get that extension.
On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:11:17 AM UTC-7, Ken Barber wrote:

I tried the same thing and got the error below. Any ideas?

puppetdb=# create extension pg_trgm;

ERROR: could not open extension control file
"/usr/share/postgresql/9.3/extension/pg_trgm.control": No such file or
directory
Seems odd, pg_trgm should be shipped with PostgreSQL. Maybe its a bug
in that package or pg_trgm is shipped separately?

I can probably take a look here. What distro and distro release is
this exactly? Is this the PG shipped with the distro or is it from
PGDG upstream?

ken.