On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:38:26 AM UTC-5, mawi wrote:
Hi Stack,

Not sure if this is doable for you, but maybe you can create a schedule to
schedule your RedHat package removals.

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#schedule

For example create a schedule to run this once a day, or not more than x
times a day and set the package resource defaults in your class
audit::software_remove to this schedule.

class audit::software_remove{

schedule{ 'rhel_repos':
period => daily,
repeat => 3,
}

Package{ schedule => 'rhel_repos', }

}

This ties the schedule to the package resource and will apply it only 3
times a day. I use this in our setup to something similar with auditing
resources and the requirements are not to tight that this needs to be
applied in every run.
This is a good idea. I wish I had thought of that sooner. Thanks!