On Apr 4, 2014, at 9:35 AM, Chris Handy wrote:

I am really looking forward to the complex data structures. I was wondering how this will work with hiera going forward, specifically with the hiera.yaml hierarchy? Lets say that my hierarchy uses "role" and "app" facts to determine which level of the hierarchy to invoke. Would I be able to use an array of "apps" and have it match somehow? I could also see how this would allow multiple "roles" to be defined as a fact and invoked as well.
Hi Chris, there's a related feature for an upcoming release of hiera to add support for looking up keys in nested data structures. I'm in airplane mode at the moment so I can't look up the JIRA ticket but it's slated for hiera 1.4.0, the next feature release, and should be out in the next couple of months.

Eric Sorenson - eric.sorenson@puppetlabs.com - freenode #puppet: eric0
puppet platform // coffee // techno // bicycles