On Friday, January 31, 2014 1:40:38 PM UTC+1, Stack Kororā wrote:
Huh. I don't know why, but for some silly reason I thought I had to use
subclasses with arrows. I will re-work my script with them and see how it
goes.
Hi,
I'll add that chaining arrows between single resources can quickly become
cumbersome when the number of resources starts increasing (more files, more
packages…).
I worked around this by using tags and resource collectors.

You can set tags as default attributes for the resource types you are
using, e.g.:

Package {
     tag => "my-packages",
   }

File {
     tag => "my-files",
}

Service {
     tag => "my-services",
}

And then you can use resource collectors to define dependencies between
your tagged types:

Package <| tag == "my-packages" |>
->
File <| tag == "my-files" |>
~>
Service <| tag == "my-services" |>

(Writing dependencies on separate lines makes them easier to read and
understand IMHO)

--
Marco