Greetings,
Thanks for the response.

The pkginventory is already doing this inside of util/pkg.rb:

rpm -qa --qf %{NAME}"\t"%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}

I am fully aware of how multiple kernels work. As stated, the kernel was
just an example. I need/want every package installed returned to me and the
version of the pkginventory code currently listed in the forge is
nondeterministic on what package version is returned when multiple versions
exist. This is the problem for me.

We have been running our mods in production for a few days now and things
are running well.

Thanks!