I'm trying to decommission puppetdb, but it's being very persistent. I've
removed the puppetdb-terminus rpm, and commented out the storeconfigs
entries in puppet.conf, but the managed systems can't apply without
puppetdb running on the server. The error messages are:

Warning: Unable to fetch my node definition, but the agent run will
continue:
Warning: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not retrieve facts for
medusa.keck.waisman.wisc.edu: Failed to find facts from PuppetDB at
puppetdb:8081: Connection refused - connect(2)

...and...

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Failed to submit 'replace facts' command for medusa.keck.waisman.wisc.edu
to PuppetDB at puppetdb:8081: Connection refused - connect(2)
Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

Anyone know the rest of the magic sauce to make a managed system *not* talk
to puppetdb?