The classes indicator/variable/key (whatever it's officially called) is
only for classes.
Then in the appropriate yaml file, specify:
apache::mpm_module: false
or whatever. It's that easy.

So your file should look like:

classes:
      - apache

apache::mpm_module: false
apache::mod::prefork: true
apache::mod::php: this
apache::mod::rewrite: that
apache::mod::ssl: "the other"

On Friday, December 13, 2013 5:03:17 AM UTC-6, Yuriy Gerasimov wrote:

Hi,

I am cleaning my manifest by moving things to hiera yaml config file.

For the https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache I need to
pass mpm_module variable as false like:

class { 'apache':
mpm_module => false
}

But I can't figure out how to do this in hiera yaml file. I include
classes using hiera_include('classes').

I tried

classes:
- apache
- apache::mpm_module: false
- apache::mod::prefork
- apache::mod::php
- apache::mod::rewrite
- apache::mod::ssl

But I get error

Error: undefined method `downcase' for {"apache::mpm_module"=>false}:Hash
at /tmp/vagrant-puppet/manifests/site.pp:13 on node precise64.asus

Please advise how properly pass variables to classes in yaml files?

Thank you a lot

Yuriy