What messages are you seeing in /var/log/puppetdb/puppetdb-daemon.log
and puppetdb.log on 129.128.100.11? Did you previously have puppetdb
running on your puppet master?

Because you got the 403, puppetmaster is at least able to connect to and
receive a response from 129.128.100.11:8081 via HTTPS. That said, if
you're confident in your tcpdump that no traffic in fact occurred
between puppetmaster and that IP, then puppetmaster has another idea
about where that IP is (bound as an alias, for instance, and there's a
defunct puppetdb still running on the puppetmaster).

Jeff