Thanks for the replies. I don't have it working quite yet, but I am working
on it.

Yeah, I am steering clear of augeas right now because it has terrible
support on SLES which unfortunately makes up a decent chunk of the
datacenter. So whatever I do I need to work across Scientific, RH, and SLES
(and possibly OSX in the near future..blech!). I think the only module I
have pushed out that isn't SLES compatible so far has been the iptables
module because it is so darn useful for RH based distros, but everything
else I have to really try and keep across all systems.

Thanks again!