Hello out there,

I´m trying to add puppetdb (on a separate host,
puppetdb-1.5.2-1.el6.noarch) to my puppet setup (passenger,
puppet-3.1.0-1.el6.noarch).

I´ve used the PL documenation, but I receive the following message after
restarting apache:
2013-12-11T13:28:47.859827+01:00 belbo puppet-master[26103]: Could not
retrieve facts for host.where.ever: Failed to find facts from PuppetDB at
129.128.100.11:8081: 403 "Forbidden"

strange this is that there´s absolutely no network communication on port
8081 from my puppetmaster to my server running puppetdb ???

puppetdb is up and running, the port 8081 is used by the puppetdb java
process:
[root@puppetdb conf.d]# netstat -utlepn |grep 8081
tcp 0 0 129.128.100.11:8081
0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 496 555873012 7864/java

using telnet/nc and tcpdump on my puppetdb shows that there´s no firewall
problem, the hosts are within the same subnet
(and no local iptables is running).

I´m helpless, I´ve checked everything two/three times, but it´s really
frustrating to have no communication at all.

any ideas?

thanks
,
Stefan