I had issues with custom facts returning errors and or not finding the
custom facts until I created an additional module called "facterpath".
  Here is the init.pp:

# /etc/puppet/modules/facterpath/manifests/init.pp
class facterpath {
         file { "/etc/profile.d/facter.sh":
                 owner => 'root',
                 group => 'root',
                 mode => '0644',
                 source => "puppet:///files/etc/profile.d/facter.sh",

It simply pushes a facter.sh file to /etc/profile.d on all of my agents.
  Here's the file that gets pushed:

# cat /etc/profile.d/facter.sh
export FACTERLIB=$FACTERLIB:/var/lib/puppet/lib/facter

So now when I log in the facter library becomes part of my ENV and no more
issues in using the custom facts on my agents.