El jueves, 27 de junio de 2013 18:07:03 UTC+2, Christian Reiß escribió:
Hello folks,

I am currently using Puppet to forge the nagios configuration files. Using
exported ressources it really works well - to a point.

The one thing I am banging my head against is the service definitions. The
services use stuff like remote-nrpe-zombie-procs, which of course, is not
defined anywhere:

define service {
## --PUPPET_NAME-- (called '_naginator_name' in the
manifest) check_zombie_procs_gaming
use remote-nrpe-zombie-procs
host_name gaming.alpha-labs.net
}

So far I am letting puppet generate the three configs:

nagios_host.cfg
nagios_hostextinfo.cfg
nagios_service.cfg

Tho for this to work I would need a corresponding commands.cfg and all the
Howtos out there do not seem to have my problem. The important snipplet
from my config would be this:

Nagios_host <<||>> {
require => File[resource-d],
notify => Service[icinga],
}

Nagios_service <<||>> {
require => File[resource-d],
notify => Service[icinga],
}

Nagios_hostextinfo <<||>> {
require => File[resource-d],
notify => Service[icinga],
}

Nagios_command <<||>> {
require => File[resource-d],
notify => Service[icinga],
}

After banging my head for 3 evenings on this I really need your help.
Thanks for any pointers.

-Chris.

Hello Chris,
I am facing here the same problem. Did you manage to fix/workaround it?

Thank you

Best regards