interfaces:
     nic1:
         10G: true
         ip: x.x.x.x
         netmask: x.x.x.x
     nic2:
         ip: x.x.x.x
         netmask: x.x.x.x

This hiera config is used to build the interface configuration files. Now,
if a server has at least ONE NIC with 10G == true, I want to make a few
more changes to that machine. It can happen from various manifests so
preferably I'd like a global boolean or some way to say "if $10G { ... }".

I could have a root setting called "10G: true" and I can just do:

      if hiera('10G', false) {
            // do stuff
      }

... but I'd like to avoid having to duplicate the 10G setting in the hiera
file.

The logic I had in mind was to go through hiera('interfaces') and, if any
NIC has 10G == true, then set a global "boolean" that I can reference from
any manifest.

I thought I could write a custom fact of some sort that calls hiera(), but
since the fact gets generated on the client and hiera is on the server...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Gonzalo