I've got a basic puppet deployment up and running with some basic modules
in place for configuration management. Running 3.3.0 on server and clients.

My next stumbling block is how to I manage hosts that have host or
application specific needs?

Example:
I have basic sudo file that I am managing via puppet, in it I've got our
standard admins listed under root. I can deploy this to most machines, but
what about one off machines that have a slightly different grouping of
admins?

Another example:
I've got a baseline Iptables module setup (using the puppetlabs module)
that covers a set of baseline iptable rules. What if I have a machine that
needs slightly different ports open? I don't want to include that in the
baseline, it's pointless. How do I do a "if machine/node = specialcase
then do blah" type rule?

Thanks.

Tim