Hi Harsh,
     Refer *exec* and *shell builtins* sections present in the
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/windows/troubleshooting.html,
This might help troubleshooting your problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul Khengare,
NTT DATA OSS Center, Pune, India.

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:20:38 PM UTC+5:30, Harsh Desai wrote:

Hi

I am stuck at a very basic issue in my the following exec resource. I am
executing this on windows 2008 R2 server.

When I apply this manifest, puppet always complains saying dcpromo.exe is
not an internal or external command. I exactly appended the path of
dcpromo.exe to the 'path' variable, but still it can't find it. I even
tried the "cmd /c" trick in the command with no luck.

exec { 'install_dc':
command => "dcpromo.exe /unattend:dc_unattend.txt",
path => "C:\\;C:\\Windows\System32\\;${path}",
timeout => 2400,
}

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks