Greg,

I believe resource ini_setting would be appropriate here but I do
understand the desire to learn about Puppet + Augeas.
augeas { 'vsftpd.conf':
context => '/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf',
changes => [ 'set anonymous_enable=NO', 'set chroot_local_user=YES', ],
require => File['/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf'],
}

     context => '*/files*/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf',

?

I'm lazy and haven't tested with a Puppet apply but I think this might just
be an issue of understanding the namespace-y Augeas stuff. You can test
like so with augtool:

$ augtool ls */files*/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

--
---
Nathan Valentine - nathan@puppetlabs.com