On 9/20/13 10:20 AM, Ken Barber wrote:
What I do know from querying the database is that all the exported resources
are present in the puppetdb database (in catalog_resources).
Did you query via the REST interface, or the database directly. The
REST interface might be more clear, as this is pretty much what the
puppetdb terminus uses of course.

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.4/api/query/v2/resources.html
Interesting. The REST interface agrees with the resulting nagios
configuration when I query things like
'http://localhost:8080/v2/resources/Nagios_service'.

But like I say, I see all the Nagios_* resources present in the actual
database. What gives?
Has anyone else run into this, or any hints how to proceed?
Haven't seen or heard about this specifically. Umm ... can you prove
the problem without Nagios? Ie. have you tried using a different
resource to see if it occurs as well? Perhaps working around the edges
of the problem might prove what it is _not_ which is a start.
Other resources (Package, File) seem to be present for all nodes using
the query@<filename> method described in
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.4/api/query/tutorial.html.

--
David Thompson
Waisman Center Brain Imaging and Behavior Lab