I've set up puppetdb to manage my nagios configuration, running puppetdb
on my puppet server (on ~RHEL 6), and running postgres for the puppetdb
store. The nodes to be managed have some standard nagios host/service
exported resources, e.g.:

        @@nagios_host { $fqdn:
          ensure => present,
          alias => $hostname,
          address => $ipaddress,
          use => "linux-server",
        }
        @@nagios_service { "ping_${hostname}":
          ensure => present,
          use => "ping-service",
          host_name => "$fqdn",
        }
        @@nagios_service { "ssh_${hostname}":
          ensure => present,
          use => "ssh-service",
          host_name => "$fqdn",
        }

...and then on the nagios server, I collect the exported resources:

        Nagios_host <<||>>
        Nagios_service <<||>>

The problem I'm running into is that configs on the nagios server
(/etc/nagios/nagios_*.cfg) only contain a *subset* (~20%) of the
collected resources. Worse, I can't determine what causes a given
nagios_host or nagios_service resource to be collected.

What I do know from querying the database is that all the exported
resources are present in the puppetdb database (in catalog_resources).

Has anyone else run into this, or any hints how to proceed?

Thanks much!

--
David Thompson
Waisman Center Brain Imaging and Behavior Lab