Hi -

We’ve got a small test puppet setup that I am trying to get working. 2
hosts, a puppetmaster server and a client machine, both running version
2.6.18. The host has been added, and it’s certificate signed by the
puppetmaster server.

Using some of the examples from the Pro Puppet book (Turnball), I setup a
site.pp and nodes.pp under /etc/puppet/manifests

Then, under /etc/puppet/modules, I have some reciepes for ssh, motd, sudo,
ntp etc.

I should state that a number of months ago, this was working (at least on
the one test host machine I had).

I’ve come back to revisit this project and continue learning, but am now
getting error messages. I can still add hosts, and get their certs signed,
but if, I run “puppet agent --test --noop”

I get the following error message:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Could not parse for environment production: Permission denied -
/etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp at /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp:2 on node
blah.blah.blah

warning: Not using cache on failed catalog

err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

site.pp simply ha:

import 'nodes.pp'

my nodes.pp has:
class base {

   include sudo, ntp, motd, ssh, kerberos

}

node ‘host1.example.com’ {

   include base

}

node 'host2.example.com' {

   include base

}

In terms of permissions, I have the puppet user with RWX on these files,
and directories.

Any ideas? Something change after I updated things?

Thanks.

Tim