On 9/10/13 5:49 PM, Denmat wrote:
On 11/09/2013, at 1:38, David Thompson wrote:

I'm working with custom facts with facter 1.7.2. I've created a fact
file with an ntp configuration fact in it:

# grep ntp_conf /etc/facter/facts.d/myfacts.txt
puppet:///modules/ntp/DEFAULT/ntp_conf

facter knows the fact is there:

# facter -p v_ntp__ntp_conf
puppet:///modules/ntp/DEFAULT/ntp_conf

...but puppet thinks the variable is undefined:

# cat /tmp/notify.pp
notify{$hardwaremodel:}
notify{$v_ntp__ntp_conf:}
For completeness, I'll add that I get the same result regardless of
whether I refer to the custom fact as $v_ntp__ntp_conf or
$::v_ntp__ntp_conf, regardless of whether I try to expand the custom
fact in a string or use it in a conditional test.

Based on the lack of response, it looks like I should open a bug report?

David
[root@sazabi facts.d]# puppet apply /tmp/notify.pp
Notice: x86_64
Notice: /Stage[main]//Notify[x86_64]/message: defined 'message' as
'x86_64'
Notice: undef
Notice: /Stage[main]//Notify[undef]/message: defined 'message' as 'undef'
Notice: Finished catalog run in 0.28 seconds

What am I missing here? Thanks!

David Thompson
Waisman Center Brain Imaging and Behavior Lab
1500 Highland Ave. Room T133
Madison, WI 53705-2280
(608) 265-6608
dthompson (at) waisman (dot) wisc (dot) edu