Hi all,

I'm having some issues getting hiera to check out a subdirectory in it's
hierarchy,

I've set a custom fact to reveal what my working environment is. Puppet 3 /
PE3.0.1

i.e. facter -p my_env shows "test"

My hiera.yaml has an extract like the following;

:hierarchy:
   - defaults
   - "%{::clientcert}"
   - "%{::my_env}/common"
   - common

I have a hieradata/test/common.yaml file with the required data I'm after.

If I run a hiera -d for the variable I'm after, my datadir is found, but I
can see that it only tries to parse defaults.yaml and common.yaml, but
neither clientcert or my_env directories are searched or mentioned in the
debug output.

I've tried with and without the ::

If I place my key pair in either defaults, or common, it's found
successfully.

( Indeed, if I run facter clientcert, nothing is actually returned?? This
is the default in the hiera.conf file I see. clientcert, rather than fqdn??
)

Does anybody have the correct syntax for Puppet 3 hiera to search in a
subdirectory as above?

Thanks Steven