Hi Jan,
     This is the problem of postgresql database server. Check postgreSQL
server on your machine working or not.
First start the postgresql server and then try to run puppet enterprise
installation.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul Khengare

NTT DATA OSS Center Pune, India.**
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:42:30 PM UTC+5:30, Jan Walczuk wrote:

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to install Puppet Enterprise for test purposes before my
company make a purchase of Puppet Enterprise.

There is a problem with installation (good start i guess :) ).
After Q&A from installator and packages installation I'm getting this
output:
## Setting up puppet master...
## Checking the agent certificate name detection...
## Setting up puppet agent...
## Setting up the database...
Configuring postgresql server...
PostgreSQL server configured.
!! ERROR: The PostgreSQL server failed to start; unable to proceed

My conclusion after browsing install_log:
If you guys could be so nice and put info about remounting /var with exec
that would be nice. :)

Best regards.