That's quite nice, I like the reduced verbosity of the code and
essentiality of an all in one (init.pp) location for resources.
For better reusability I'd provide a *_template option to manage the
templates of all the different files you manage, leaving as the default
the currently hardcoded ones.
Also the backup_status and archive_status arguments follow an approach that
... erm.. was revisited in the current version of the "ongoing standard".

Discussion about stdmod and naming standards seems faded again, and I've
been quite distracted too.
I've had recently the need to make a Kibana (3) module and this is the
result, for the moment, based on stdmod patterns.
https://github.com/example42/puppet-kibana

There are quite a lot other sample layouts, for different kind of modules
that can be done and shared.
Suppose is just a matter to show some works.