On 01.08.2013 16:35, Stefan Wiederoder wrote:
Hello puppet users,

I扉e setup gerrit/jenkins on a box to add versioniong/CI to my puppet
setup. I惴 a jenkins/git beginner,
therefore I扉e googled to find bits and pieces which I扉e put together.

It愀 working fine so far, the only drawback is that my jenkins job is
always checking the whole repository
(which takes six minutes) - instead of only checking the patchset (one
.pp file)

I suspect that my Refspec/branches to build is wrong, can anybody help
me regarding this topic?
After jenkins has checked out the repo, there is no immediate indication
what actually changed. You need to code more intelligence into the
jenkins job to look at the git history and extract the list of changed
files from there.

Take care that you also think of dependencies from your changes. e.g. if
a parameter was removed, everyone who's using that might grow an error,
because that is still using this parameter.

What checks are you doing that take 6 minutes? A simple syntax check and
erb evaluation takes around 30s on a big repo over here.

Regards, David