On 02/23/2013 06:33 PM, eduardo wrote:
Hi all.
I'm working on monit module. I have an array of services to configure
monit via ENC.
I need a consistent module logic so services arriving as input
parameter must running on node agent.

I'm trying to find out if there is services running to configure monit
snippets.
So, The snippet will be only written into /etc/monit/conf.d when
service is running.

Let's say an input parameter like :

services => ['ntp','ssh']

But ntp service is not running. In that case I need the snippet for
'ntp' service not be written on conf.d

Is there simple way to do it ?.
Either you write your own facts that state if the service is running, or
use exported resources from modules that manage services.

First method isn't bullet proof, because if services are not running and
they are supposed to, monit checks won't be activated in the first place.

Second method forces other modules to add support to your specific monit
module implementation, so module won't be reusable. But I would go the
latter path.