is it possible to choose the provider based on property?

For example, I'm trying to develop two different providers for same type
of resource. If i use path location on the local filesystem I want
provider "local" to be chosen, and if I use link property, then I want
provider "remote" to be chosen.

For example, this definition should chose provider 'local':

resource { 'a':
   path => '/some/local/disk.iso',
}

And this definition should chose provider 'remote':

resource { 'a':
   link => 'http://example.com/disk.iso',
}

Is this possible without manually specifying "provider => remote"?

Also, second question. It would be great if puppet could raise error in
case when both conflicting properties are set. For example this should
yeild an error:

resource { 'a':
   path => '/some/local/disk.iso',
   link => 'http://example.com/disk.iso',
}

Is this possible?

If these questions are more suitable to puppet-dev list, I will post
them there. Thank you guys.