On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Jakov Sosic wrote:
OK, I will basically do something like this, but I will implement my own
transport-alike resource until you guys standardize this :)
Disclaimer, I don't work at Puppet Labs anymore, and this will be a
personal project as time permits.

This would be great! It would certainly avoid collisions... Eg. two
different modules (couchbase and vmware for example) both bringing
'transport' resource with them...
Yep, that's the goal. I've seen interest managing database with puppet
device, and a common module could provide a standard pattern for these type
of usages.

It would be a good idea to merge transport into stdlib.
It's probably too experimental at this point for me to send PR against
stdlib.
OK, I will basically do something like this, but I will implement my own
transport-alike resource until you guys standardize this :)
OK, I'm having a big problem ... How can I get the values from the other
resource?

For example:

couchconnection { 'default':
username => 'admin',
password => 'admin',
}

couchbucket { 'test':
ramsize => '64',
connection => Couchconnection['default'],
}

So, how can I get the value of username in my couchbucket 'create method'?

I would like to have something like:

def create
username = @resource[:connection][:username]
end

but that obviously doesn't work :-/
The one mistake in my original email was it was searching by resource by
name instead of reference, so perhaps it's as simple as fixing:

defaultto 'Transport[couch]' # or maybe defaultto "Transport['couch']"

If that's not the issue, then I'm not sure. I'll try to put together the
transport module when I get some spare time.

Thanks,

Nan