On 2013-07-13 20:26, Alessandro Franceschi wrote:
Wow, that's what I call a direct approach, pushing a PR directly on
puppet code to set "standards de facto"... wonder what some persons on
this list would say about that (John?).
I still think that trying to find a shared agreement on naming standards
is a step to do before pushing the whole default layout of puppet module
generate.
Anyway I'll gladly accept your invitation to prepare a STANDARDS.md and
a module skeleton PR , but, really , I think some (not so many actually)
naming patterns still need discussion (package or package_name?) as in
some cases I've deliberately introduced them (dependency_class?
options_hash? user_class? install_*? monitor_* ? firewall_*?... ) and
even if they make a lot of sense for me it might not be the same for others.
You don't have to push all at once. I think the resource_ensure pattern
seems to be well accepted, even if some details might still require more
hashing out/experimenting.

Establishing the discussion at the "source" (pardon the pun) will also
help to get the broadest exposure to the topic.

Regards, David