We use the tagmail report so we get mails about errors on the agents.
This works fine and is quite useful for the production environment.

Now we also have a [dev] environment, where having errors is expected. I
can not find any way to disable the tagmail store only for the
dev-environment. Normally we call

puppet agent --test --environment dev (--noop)

to try out changes on an agent host

I've tried to disable the tagmail for such runs with the following, all
not working:

err, warning, !dev: admin@example.tld
in tagmail.conf on master

[dev]
reports = store
and/or
report = false
in masters puppet.conf

[dev]
report = false
in agents puppet.conf.

Calling puppet agent --test --environment dev --report false

Now I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know how to disable tagmail for a
certain environment?

Thanks

--
Lothar Gesslein
Linux Consultant

B1 Systems GmbH

grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet
postedJul 10, '13 at 11:48a
activeJul 10, '13 at 12:21p
websitepuppetlabs.com

2 users in discussion

Dan White: 1 post Lothar Gesslein: 1 post