I've recently started to have a problem with my puppetmaster using
more and more memory over a few days, and eventually hitting swap.
Restarting the puppetmaster services puts things back to normal for a
bit. (see: http://i.imgur.com/E8xPYqn.png)

I'm running 2.7.11 on distro-standard ruby 1.8.7, with 4 mongrel
puppetmaster processes, on a pretty standard Ubuntu 12.04 VM,
puppetmasters are behind nginx. Nginx handles the files (ala:
http://www.masterzen.fr/2010/03/21/more-puppet-offloading/). Running
foreman on the same machine, though it's not used for much. Puppet is
setup to use a remote MySQL db.

We have ~200 servers in a single environment running against this
puppetmaster, which doesn't seem like it should be a seriously taxing
load, so having to restart the service occasionally seems like an
indication I'm doing something wrong.

What am I missing? Should I be using Unicorn? Should I be using a
different Ruby? What should I be tuning or optimizing? Is there a good
resource for puppetmaster setup best practices?

Thanks!

-Jeff