On 04/12/2013 10:44 AM, ForumUser wrote:
Hello,

I am a beginner in puppet so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
(I use puppet 3.1).

We have nodes in different networks - they use different DNS servers.
I'd like to set up its /etc/resolv.conf dependent on network they are in.

What approach would you recommend to solve the problem ?
Use facts about your network, like ip_address and netmask, and calculate
nameservers from that info:

$ facter -p | egrep "^(ipaddress |netmask )"
ipaddress => 192.168.0.164
netmask => 255.255.255.0