On 06/28/2013 04:57 PM, Stephen Jahl wrote:
In my experience, exporting nagios_command resources doesn't work so
well. What I've found works best, is to define nagios_command{}'s
directly on the server, rather than exporting and collecting them there
later.

In my setup, the only resource that export is the nagios_host. I define
commands and services on the server, and assign the services to
hostgroups. Hosts then get service checks assigned to them based on
which hostgroups I put them in (usually done via the hosts role
definition). I find that this works well, since it doesn't leave me with
multiple exported nagios_service resources for every single host, that
will eventually need to get cleaned out of PuppetDB when the host is no
longer in service.
Yeah, that approach seems better performance-wise. Tank you for sharing :)

--
Jakov Sosic
www.srce.unizg.hr