In my experience, exporting nagios_command resources doesn't work so well.
What I've found works best, is to define nagios_command{}'s directly on the
server, rather than exporting and collecting them there later.

In my setup, the only resource that export is the nagios_host. I define
commands and services on the server, and assign the services to hostgroups.
Hosts then get service checks assigned to them based on which hostgroups I
put them in (usually done via the hosts role definition). I find that this
works well, since it doesn't leave me with multiple exported nagios_service
resources for every single host, that will eventually need to get cleaned
out of PuppetDB when the host is no longer in service.

-Steve

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Christian Reiß