On 12 Jun 2013, at 11:29, Brian Lalor wrote:

I'm pretty sure you'll have to do a custom define to make that happen, which should play well with create_resources. You could also play with a single notify used by all of the resources that have been created…
thanks for the pointer, I mostly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. Still pretty new to Puppet.

Just in case anyone else reads this thread I wound up creating a custom define as a wrapper around vhost and database creation and using that for create_resources. Inside that I just make sure all the things are created before the execute command and it seems to be working nicely :)

Rachel