Thank you, Erick,

the names were correct, I use certname entries in my config.

The problem was resolved by deleting the node certificate (mv
/var/lib/puppet/ssl /var/lib/puppet/ssl.original) and recreating it by
"puppet agent -t".

I found the solution some minutes after posting here, after rephrasing
my search... Since I searched in the office and I am at home now, I
can't provide the URL, but will do so tomorrow (probably).

Regards,
Werner

[12.06.2013 17:43] [Erick Ocrospoma]:
Hi,

it's possible that they have wrong names, you must ensure that certname on
puppet.conf on both, puppetmaster and agent, are the proper ones. You could
check it by doing puppet agent --test --server=puppet.server.com. Deleting
certs, on agent and master, could give you a more clear clue.

Look this
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/troubleshooting.html#agents-are-failing-with-a-hostname-was-not-match-with-the-server-certificate-error-whats-wrong

~ Happy install !

Cel : 511-997823451