On 06/07/2013 06:40 AM, srivatsa rao wrote:
Hello,
I have started using puppet recently and my primary purpose is to use
puppet to maintain state of a bunch of network devices, I have explored
the basics of configuring switch interfaces using puppet, I feel there
is necessity to extend it to do more complex jobs on network devices. I
have tried finding ways to do several other jobs on switch using puppet
but could not find much. If any one could point me some links which may
help me explore all the implemented things for network management then
it would be a great help aslo I'm looking forward to write new ruby
modules to help myself and publish them if the work is significant. So
thinking of extending puppets where should I start? any specific docs
which I can refer?
I think you should probably write your own custom types. Take a look at
F5 modules.

--
Jakov Sosic
www.srce.unizg.hr