Hi all,

How from the master server do I push a file to a client server (server
group of 3-4 servers)?

I know I saw it in the documentation, but now all I can find is the
templates which is in next steps, unless it is easier to setup a templete
to push out to a small set of servers.

Been reading all the puppet documentation I can find. I googled it (no
luck) In between getting puppet vm and getting my permanent VMWare license,
so it could be in there.

The simple thing I need to do for now is to be able to point at a client
server to push the files out to the clients.
My POC and initial need is to just be able to push our configuation files
and scripts to the correct servers. Often only 3-4 files dependant per
server type (JBOSS, Apache, and various apps), and making sure if anyone
changes those files on the client it is overwritten with the standard file.
My test module is:

file { 'newfile':
         ensure => present,
         #path => '/home/daniel/newfile',
         path => '/home/daniel/my_file',
         owner => 'daniel',
         group => 'artesia',
         mode => 0640,
         #source => '/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/modules/my_module/my_file',
         source => 'puppet:///modules/my_module/my_file',